4907 - 99 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6E-4Y1
Phone (780) 438-5897 Fax (780) 432-8128
DataNet Dial-Up Setup for
Congratulations on choosing DataNet as your Internet Service Provider
(ISP.) This is the setup sheet to get your DataNet connection up
and running as fast and as smoothly as possible. Please read through
each step carefully before starting. Note that because of the different
versions of Windows our users are using not every dialog box may not appear
*exactly* as typed, but the meanings should be close. Once you have
successfully setup your DataNet dial-up connection the last step also
provides an address to get the online email setup instructions.
- Starting from your windows desktop (what you see when you first
startup your computer) click the Start Button.
- Click the Control Panel button
- Look for a Network and Internet Connections button. If
you do not have a button with this label double click the Network
Connections button and go to step 4. If you do have this
button, double click it. Now double click the Network
Connections icon under the "or pick a Control Panel
- Click the Create a new connection button from the Network
tasks menu on the left
- A new connection wizard will now pop up. Click next to
- Select Connect to the Internet and click next.
- Select Setup my connection manually and click next.
- Select Connect using a dial-up modem and click next.
- Type DataNet in the ISP Name box and click next.
- Type 780-851-1399 in the Phone Number box and click next.
- Type in your User ID (email@example.com)
in the User Name box.
- Type in your password in the Password and Confirm password
- Uncheck the Turn on Internet Connection Firewall for this
connection and click next.
- Check the Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop box
and click Finish.
- A new Connect Datanet box should pop up. Were
done! Click Dial to connect to Datanet's server.
To make future connections to DataNet, double click the DataNet
shortcut on your desktop and click connect! You are now ready to setup your email
accounts. Please start a web browser and browse to www.datanet.ab.ca/datanet.shtml
by entering that address (exactly as shown) in the address bar and